- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 ears of fresh corn, kernels cut off and reserved, cobs cut into 4 pieces each
- 2 cups plus 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 1/4 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 6 3/4-cup ramekins or custard cups
- Bring milk and sugar to simmer in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add corn kernels. Simmer until corn is tender, about 5 minutes. Strain milk into large saucepan; add 2 cups cream, coarse salt, and corn cobs. Bring to simmer. Cover; remove from heat. Steep 30 minutes. Transfer corn to small bowl. Cover; chill.
- Meanwhile, place 3 tablespoons water in small cup. Sprinkle gelatin over. Let stand until gelatin softens, at least 15 minutes.
- Remove cobs from cream mixture; discard cobs. Bring cream mixture to simmer. Remove from heat. Add softened gelatin; stir to dissolve. Divide cream mixture among six 3/4-cup ramekins or custard cups. Cover and refrigerate until set, at least 6 hours and up to 1 day.