- 8 Red Potatoes scrubbed
- 2 Tbsp Canola Oil
- 6 oz Chorizo
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 6 0z pepperjack cheese
- Sour Cream
- Chopped Scallions
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Place the potatoes on a large baking tray. Bake the potatoes for 20 minutes or so until softened. Remove from the oven and let the potatoes cool slightly.
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil and cook the chorizo for about 2 to 3 minutes. Toss in the chopped onion and continue to cook until the chorizo and onions are golden brown in color. Set aside.
- Cut each potato in half and scoop out the flesh and leaving about ¼ inch of the potato skin.
- Brush the potato inside out with canola oil. Then bake in the oven for about 8 to 10 minutes on each side until they are crisp. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
- Turn the oven to 450F.
- Divide the Chorizo and cheese equally on top of each crisp potato skin and top with some freshly ground black pepper.
- Bake the potatoes for about 8 to 10 minutes. Serve the potatoes with a dollop of sour cream and chopped scallions. Serve immediately